Welcome to Making the Movement Podcast! Join us as we step in to our 90th birthday celebration. Join us as we sit down and talk to VP of Housing, Ms. Linda Taylor and our VP of Operations Mr. Augustine Cita as they take us down memory lane and share some of their favorite moments at ULMS.
We also discussed voter information with our Civic Engagement Coordinator, Maya Manus. With the Election around the corner, we discuss the importance of voting.
We share a lot in our first episode, Step In To It. Here are the things we promised we would share with you all!
90 Day Wrap Up
- Black Business Directory: https://urbanleague.org/black-business-directory/
VP of Housing Department with Ms. Linda Taylor
- Rental Assistance - https://kingcounty.gov/depts/community-human-services/COVID/eviction-prevention-rent-assistance.aspx
- Safe Lot Location – https://urbanleague.org/homeless-outreach/
- For more information about the services we provide head to our website at www.urbanleague.org
Civic Engagement with Maya Manus
- Text ULMS 528-86 to stay updated with our Civic Engagement
VP of Operations Augustine Cita
- Career Bridge Program - https://urbanleague.org/careerbridge/
- Shelter at New Hope Missionary Baptist Church - 124 21st Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
- Day Center – youth from 18-24. Located at 123 21st Ave. 8 AM – 7:30 PM
- Harder House - a living solution for young men can be found at at https://urbanleague.org/homeless-outreach/
How to with Ru - Donating to ULMS
- Texting: Text @ULMS to 520-14
- Check: payable to the Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle | Mail to 105 14th Ave, Seattle, WA 98122
- Website: www.urbanleague.org | hit the donate button at the bottom of any page.
Brand New to the Block
- Black Voices Project - https://urbanleague.org/black-voices-project/
- ULMS Membership - https://urbanleague.org/membership/
- Follow @MakeTheMovePod
- Tag three friends under the first post on Instagram
- Answer "What month, date, year was the Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle founded?"- BY November 16 - Announce on the 23rd